As I am so in Love with Wild Animals and Coming from a Place like Assam admiring Nature makes much more sense I guess..So When I see the Wild getting depleted day by day I can’t stop myself but think how Humans have become cruel day by day then again I realize we Human now-a-days don’t even care for other Humans and the Question of caring animals doesn’t make any sense…What Say?
*Click on the image for better view.
*Captions in the Cartoon Strip has number read accordingly(Suggested By One of my Blogging Friend Nirav)
Here I give the list of some Rare and Endangered Wild Animals found exclusively in Assam and Other Parts of North -East India though some are also found in very small quantity in other parts of India…
*Image Courtesy-Google(I had no Camera at that Time.. )
- One Horned Rhino-Being the fifth largest land animal their population has depleted to just 3500 and around 2500 of them is found in Assam.Best Place to see them–Kaziranga National Park.
- Bengal Tigers-These Endangered Species is our National Animals though native of Sunderbans in West Bengal,these are largely found in Assam also.Best Place to see them–Manas National Park.
- Hoolock Gibbon-Generally found in the entire North East India,their main concentration is in Assam.Best Place to see them-Hoollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary.
- Gee’s golden Langur-Simply the Golden langur, is an Old World monkey found in a small region of western Assam and in the neighboring foothills of the Black Mountains of Bhutan. It is one of the most endangered primate species of India.Best place to get a Glimpse of them-Umananda Temple,Guwahati
- Pygmy Hog-An endangered species of small wild pig family,the smallest and rarest Pig,it was found in India,Nepal and Bhutan but slowly with time they are now confined only to Assam with a population of around 250.Best place to see them-Manas National Park.
- Hispid Hare-Commonly Known as Assam Rabbit,these creatures look so cute, a rare and threatened species that lives amid tall grasslands,their population is relatively low.Best Place to see them-Bornadi Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Assam Roofed Turtle-A rare species of Turtles found in Assam .Best Place to see them-Diphlu River,Kaziranga National Park.
- Rufous-necked Hornbill-A species of Hornbill generally found in North Eastern India.They have become endangered as their numbers are gradually decreasing around 10000 distributed over entire North East India.Best Place to see them-Manas National Park,Assam and Namdapha National Park, Arunachal Pradesh.
- White-winged Duck-The Largest species of Duck,generally live in stagnant or slow-flowing natural and artificial wetlands, within or adjacent to evergreen,deciduous or swamp forests,on which it depends for roosting and nesting,usually in tree-holes.Best Place to see them-Nameri National Park,Assam
- Bengal Slow Loris-The Bengal slow loris is nocturnal and arboreal, occurring in both evergreen and deciduous forests. It prefers rainforests with dense canopies, and its presence in its native habitat indicates a healthy ecosystem.,It is the only nocturnal primate found in the northeast Indian states-Manas National Park and Kaziranga National Park,Assam.
So What do you think about these Creatures,aren’t precious enough to be saved…By the Way all the above Species are included in the Endangered List of IUCN(International Union for Conservation of Nature)