In my earlier post I wrote about possible solution to Population and Pollution control.If you haven’t checked it out here it is.
In this post I will try to give some solutions on controlling Corruption.However when we hear the term Corruption,we generally erupt with anger or become very sad and start bashing our leaders.But I believe the main root of Corruption is We-The Common People who provide opportunities to Corrupted Persons and never raise their voice against them.
For Me–Those who are suffering and accepting injustice are equally responsible with those who are doing injustice for making Corruption a never-ending Business..
Corruption is Huge and it is growing day by day in a huge country like India and pushing India to backfoot.I know we can’t eradicate corruption in a day,no-one can but what I believe is with continuous effort from each and every citizen we can minimize it on day-to-day basis.As we all know ‘Impossible is Nothimg’.With this I provide my solutions to curb Corruption..🙂
- Education:-In today’s world there is nothing that Education cannot teach us and it should be taken as one of the main tool to educate people about their rights.Those who are uneducated do not know about the process,provisions and procedures through which they can get justice.Corrupt public servants try to make fool of them and often demands for bribe.It is due to unawareness in the field of law,public rights and procedures thereof that a common and an uneducated suffer out of the corrupt society.This suggests that if we are educated, we can understand our rights well.Even the educated pay bribes…But that’s a different story.An Educated should always use their Knowledge for the right use and not for paying bribe.An Educated person will know about the Do’s and Dont’s while dealing with procedures and they should use their knowledge in getting the job done in a clean way.
- RTI Act:-A very important act enacted by the Parliament of India “to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens“.You can read about more RTI here.It empowers any Citizen of India to aks questions to any Organizations that comes under RTI.If used properly it leads to transparency to all the procedures and provisions of Government.
- The average age of India is around 25-26 years,So it is a Young India.These young Indians must stand up against the System for the upliftment of this Country,to fight Corruption.India should have youth coming forward and taking responsibilities on the behalf of this country.I believe in every sector there should be youth involvement.Read more about Youth Power here.
- Salary of Government and PSU Officers must be of market-indexed with their responsibility.This would minimise the ‘need’ for bribes.Their salaries could be benchmarked against corporate sector salaries.But higher salaries should be combined with exemplary punishment,including dismissal from service and a police case if an employee is caught indulging in corrupt practices.
- Use of Technology:-In this Technology era we are lagging behind taking full advantages of the Technology.First and Foremost there should be a law passed on installing CCTV camera on each and every Government office.Regular Inspections of the CCTV Footage.Today almost everyone use a Mobile Phone,so I urge that when we are going to any Government Office we should always keep our Phones in recording mode or if that facility is not available–call someone who can record all the stuff(be sure that you don’t get caught).
- Social Media:-Social media is a boon in recent times.Instead of using it for useless work,try to utilise it for making any corruption related news popular.I am sure within no time it will reach to larger mass.Share your views on sites like I Paid a Bribe.
- Corruption can be reduced by increasing direct contact between government and the governed. In this regard E-Governence can help a lot.It has been implemented carrying out many Government Works but still more needs to be done.
- Whenever you feel cheated never hesitate to visit organisations like Consumer Forums for Consumer Complaints,Banking Ombudsman for Bank related Complaints,Central Vigilance Bureau for any Government related Corruption.
All this for now.I hope this articles help the people of India to gather courage and fight against Corruption.
“The fight for justice against corruption is never easy. It never has been and never will be. It exacts a toll on our self, our families, our friends, and especially our children. In the end, I believe, as in my case, the price we pay is well worth holding on to our dignity—–Frank Serpico”