Do you know Which is the most preferred tourist destination of 2013?Well,if not get your Backpacks ready because as far as I can see for the first time an Asian Country is all set to top the list–Confused,Well it is none other than the most happening,most Charming and well most deserving “BANGKOK“,the Capital city of Thailand,don’t believe me well Google is there to make you believe and if that doesn’t sound convincing–Here is the Global Destination Cities Index and well if that is also not convincing–It is time you surely Pack your Bags and zoom off to Bangkok,to experience a Journey,a Travel like never before.. 🙂
So,When I asked myself–What should be my perfect Dream Destination–Pat came the reply from within–It has to be none other than Bangkok
And Oh Wait,Hold on I have some more icing on the cake thing–Well to make my travel more Pocket Friendly(You know What I Mean.. ;)),AirAsia—which is named the World best Low-Cost Airline,has come up with a unique idea known as “World’s Best Online Travel Fair” and this applies to all who want to experience Bangkok,So what are you waiting for hop on to AirAsia-World’s Best Online Travel Fair because good things don’t last longer… 😀 and I am done with the List of things I will be doing in Bangkok
I know You Guys are thinking Why Bangkok–What is there in Bangkok that makes it a Dream Destination..Well Guys let me have the privilege to take you through the virtual tour of my Dream Destination–Bangkok.
Well to Start off Bangkok is for all–I mean for Temple Lovers,Shopaholic,Foodie and not to forget The Dynamic Nightlife it offers,You Name it and Bangkok have it in their kitty… 🙂
Lets first talk about Temples–Temples in Bangkok are quite unique and form a special part of the Capital,The Architecture of each and every Temple is simply amazing and awe-inspiring,to put it simply–Colored Glass and Pottery perfectly coupled with shining gold and that’s why they call it–The City of Angels!As from my research I came to know that the best time to visit most temples is in the early morning as it will be less crowded and the weather will be bit cooler.Temples are Generally known as Wats in Thai and play an important part in Buddhist Tradition’s.Remember to Dress appropriately covering your Shoulders and Legs while visiting temple in Bangkok
- Wat Arun–One of the most ionic temple in Bangkok on the bank of the river Chao Phraya.The temple derived its name from a Hindu God Aruna(The Sun God) and often known as the Temple of Dawn
- Wat Phra Kaew–Know as The Temple of Emerald Buddha is one of the most sacred Buddhist Temple in Thailand,It is Located within the area of The Grand Palace(Wat Phra Kaew’s home),the temple enshrines a Buddha Statue craved out of a single block of Jade(Ornamental Stone).
Wat Pho–This temple is located next to The Grand Place also known as the Temple pf Reclining Buddha,home to Thailand’s largest Reclining Buddha Statue. Covered in a Gold Leaf ,this 43-meter long statue is covered in Gold Leaf and the Statue’s feet are decorated with mother-of-pearl depicting 108 auspicious sign of Buddha.
Wat Traimit–This temple is a must visit if you want to see The Golden Buddha which is one of the world’s largest solid gold Buddha statue.
Now After Temples lets Head on to some Palace in Bangkok–
- The Grand Palace–As the name suggest this palace is grand and was home to not only the Thai King and his court, but also the entire administrative seat of government.Within the crenelated walls were the country’s war ministry, state departments and even the mint.Situated in on the Bank of Chao Phraya in the Heart of Bangkok this palace indeed is made up of numerous buildings, halls, pavilions set around open lawns, gardens and courtyards.
- Suan Pakkad Palace–The Home of Prince Chumbhotpong Paripatra and his wife,this Palace is now a Museum that consists of Thai Antiques.The Architecture,gardens and Thai Antiques make the museum worth a visit.
- Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall–A former reception hall now serving the purpose of Museum,This Palace houses the Art of Kingdom Exhibit displaying all traditional crafts of the country.
Well after having the Tours of Temple and Palaces–Its time we head out for some Shopping Fun and Food Experience in Thai Style.. :)..What Say?
Well to start off Bangkok provide a great Shopping Experience and a Paradise for Shopaholic,as I think a Shopaholic will never be satisfied Shopping Day in and Day out in Bangkok.The Shopping experience in Air-Conditioned Mall,to the Street markets certainly add vivid colors to Bangkok,Ranging from Antiques to designer Jewellery to Leather Products to Electronic Goods.. :),Oh I am dreaming What I will get from there.. 😉
- MBK Center–A huge Shopping complex with about 2000 stores,Do I need to say more..I am sure I will find everything I need under one roof.. 🙂
- Siam Paragon, Siam–A walk from MKB Centre,Siam Paragon is generally for medium to high-class people who likes to spend the leisure time..And Well as a Tourist I don’t mind visiting this glass-and-steel luxury megamall with lots of recreational facilities.. 🙂
- CentralWorld, Siam–Well I surely can’t miss this mall as for it Targets Youth providing wide range of trendy fashions that surely attract most of the youth..
- Chatuchak Weekend Market–Well as the name says,this market is generally operational in full flow only in weekends,With more than 8000 stalls..This weekend Market is not a thing to miss for me whatsoever.
- Patpong Night Market–Well to be honest I have never been to a Night market,So I am sure to take the opportunity to visit this Night Market with the glimpse of Bangkok Nightlife..
- Chinatown–Well to make my Pocket more Money Friendly I just can’t end my Bangkok tour without visiting this Market.Almost everything is found here and that to at reasonable rate provided bargaining..
- Floating Market–Well to have some unusual shopping experience..I have to add Floating Market in Bangkok,Well there are number of floating Market and I wish to visit Khlong Lat Mayom and Damnoen Saduak.
Well with above mentioned Shopping Destinations,The Food experience go hand in hand..As I am not that foodie..I leave part to explore once I am in Bangkok. .:D
Well My Bangkok Visit will be incomplete without experiencing its Dynamic Nightlife–My list includes Siam Niramit Cultural Show & Dinner,Dinner Cruises on Chao Phraya River,Night Shopping and Enjoying some Cocktails at Rooftop Bar
So that is my Things to See and Do during my Bangkok Visit..And Moreover If I can mange my time I will also be visiting Phuket.Now,here again thanks to AirAsia making the travel cost from Bangkok to Phuket quite reasonable
Now You Guys must be thinking that this list is pretty long..Well let me tell you as I mentioned earlier with AirAsia organizing the World’s Best Online Travel Fair ,I am just happy to add more and more to the list as for I know that to and fro to Bangkok wouldn’t cost me a fortune.. 😀
With jaw-Dropping prices to fly to my Dream Destination I just couldn’t be Thankful enough to AirAsia to make my dream come true.So,Even you don’t miss the Opportunity to Travel to the Paradise called Bangkok with AirAsia