I will start off with Arunachal Pradesh
It is a North Eastern state in India bordering with Assam and Nagaland and sharing international borders with Bhutan,Mayanmar and China.Its capital city is Itanagar and is also the largest city.Hindi and English are the two commonly spoken languages apart from local languages.
It is well connected by Road and Air from Guwahati,Assam and also Tezpur,Assam and even a helicopter service runs from Guwahati to Naharlagun(Itanagar).
Places to visit in Arunachal:-
- Itanagar:-Tourist attractions here includes Ganga Lake which is one of the most popular place in Itanagar for recreation and picture perfect view,the lake has no connection with moving water and so its color is green.Buddhist Temple,Indira Gandhi Park,Ita-Fort,Jawaharlal Nehru State Museum are other tourist attractions.
- Bomdila:-Another great place with lots of tourist attractions.One can see the brilliant landscape and snow-clad mountains of the Himalayan Range. The Buddhist monastery of Bomdila is the repository of culture and is among primary attractions of the area.Other attractions are Bomdila View Point,Sessa Orchid Sanctuary,Craft Centre And Ethnographic Museum,Apple Orchards.
- Tawang:-In my view the most famous tourist place in entire Arunachal with lots of Landscapes,Hills,Peaks,Lakes,Waterfalls and also Snowfalls during winter. Shungetser Lake or Madhuri Lake(Kyola Movie song tanhai tanhai shoot here),Nuranang Falls,Tawang Monastery,Tawang War Memorial,Bumla Pass,Gorichen Peak,Bap Teng Kang Waterfall,Tsachu Hot Spring are some of the must see places in Tawang.
- Ziro:-It is another Hill station in Arunachal Pradesh and a world heritage site.The area is rich in biological diversity having varied flora and fauna and even heavy snowfall during winter.Tourist can see places like Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary,Tarin Fish Farm,Pine Grove,Dolo Mando,Kile Pakho,Shiva Linga.
- Apart from these tourist spots there are 9 Wildlife Sanctuaries and 2 National Parks also present in Arunachal. Wildlife Sanctuaries are:-Pakhui,Itanagar,Daying Ering,Mehao,Kane,Eagle’s nest,Kamlang,Sessa Orchid,Dibang.The 2 national parks are:-Namdapha and Mouling.
Arunachal Pradesh has lot more to offer to their tourist in terms Natural Beauty,Colorful traditions,wide variety of delicacies and amidst of all these,the people’s of Arunachal are very warm at their heart making anyone’s visit to Arunachal a memorable one.
Best time to visit Arunachal is betweeen September-April and Tourist must have ILP(Inner Line Permit) which can be obtained from Arunachal Pradesh House in New Delhi,Kolkata and Guwahati.The ILP is provided for each of the sectors (1. Bomdila, Dirang, Tawang; 2. Itanagar, Ziro; 3. Namdapha, Changlang). One can get the ILP for any one of the above sectors.
So,Happy Visiting. 🙂
Coming Up more on NE States……
P.S.:-Image Credits goes to the Google and People who uploaded them