In this post I will try to put lights on some Rules and Laws that every Indian must be aware of..In India basically there are rules for everything,but hardly they are followed,I mean in India it is quite common to break Laws and Rules and so the saying fits correctly “Rules are made to be Broken”,But can’t we Indians be little responsible and follow the rules and Laws that we know,if we follow the Rules and Laws,many things will be under control and India will be a better place.. 😀
The Rules and Laws in this post is not new and I guess most of us know about them,but we hardly use them when needed,So I urge all the Indians to know the Rules and Law and use them whenever necessary arrives but don’t use them for your own benefit…
- There is a rule of not riding on the footpaths but Many does that,Footpaths is meant for pedestrians and not for Bikers,So Please avoid it to get in any sort of trouble.
- Wearing Helmets–Many Love riding a Bike without wearing Helmet but they never understand that wearing Helmet is for their own safety and not for others,So Be Safe and Wear Helmets.
- Wait for the Green Signal,many a times I have seen Cars and Bikes zoomed off even before the green signal is ON,waiting for 10-15 seconds is not a loss at all and To Pedestrians,never cross the road when the Traffic is in flow and always use Zebra Crossing..
- Women cannot be detained or arrest by Police at Night,When a Woman is arrested it must be done by a Woman Police and a Woman can’t be called in a Police Station that has no Woman Police Officer.
- The legal age of Marriage in India is 18 years for Girls and 21 years for Boys.According to The Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006 no Girl and Boy can be forced to marry before the legal age of Marriage.According to UNICEF 47% of Child Marriages occur in India.And Without the consent of the Girl or the Boy they can’t be forced to marry even after their legal age.
- Use Consumer Forum for all kinds of concerns involving multinational companies, malls, banks, utility services and so on and Consumer Forum will ensure that to you get your right with dignity and respect.And Consumer Forum is really helpful(Personal Experience).
- Banking Ombudsman–A Senior Official appointed by the RBI of India to address grievances and complaints from customers, regarding deficiencies in banking services. It covers all kinds of banks – PSU Banks, Private banks, Rural banks and co-operative banks.
- If you are going to file a FIR(First Investigation Report) and the Police refuse to register it,you can make a complaint to a higher ranking officer such as the Superintendent of Police (SP), the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) or the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and can even complain to Judicial Magistrate,Policeman refusing to register FIR will face upto 1 year of jail..
- You can file online complaint on various issues in National Human Rights Commission–http://nhrc.nic.in/
- While purchasing any kinds of Good always take a Bill,it is your right to ask for the Bill as without the Bill it is only us who is in the losing side
- Register the Names of Domestic Helps with the Police.
- And Last but not least Be Indian first,leave your Religion,Community behind and stand together as Indians..
The List does not end here I will add up more as I recollect them…For the time being keep these above said Rules or Laws or whatever you call them in your mind.. 🙂